Competition - Terms and Conditions
Deakin University Competition
Terms and Conditions
The promoter of this Competition is: Deakin University - ABN 56 721 584 203 - 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong, Victoria, 3220
1. The promoter of this prize draw is Deakin University, ABN 56 721 584 203, Geelong Victoria 3216.
2. Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
3. The competition is free to enter and is open to all currently enrolled Deakin University students residing in Australia. Employees of Deakin University and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
4. Competition will run from 16 May to 31 August 2017. Submission of design entries will be accepted only until 21st July. Voting starts 1 August and ends on 31 August 2017.
5. There can be more than 1 design submission per applicant provided each entry has its own individual application form. Make your design description short and precise.
6. All entries must be suitable for publication; the design must not include any defamatory, offensive or unlawful content.
7. The applicant, in submitting their design, grants permanent ownership of that design to Deakin. This includes a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and royalty-free license to use, reproduce, publish, communicate, adapt, exploit and to perform any other act with it in connection with the Deakin’s ordinary course of business. Once submitted, this design is not to be reproduced by the applicant without the consent of Deakin.
8. Entries must be entirely the applicant’s own original work and must not breach any copyright or third party rights. Deakin will not be made liable for any non-original work submitted by the applicant.
9. Each student whose design is shortlisted will receive a t-shirt that contains their shortlisted design.
10. The student whose shortlisted design gets the most votes will win the ‘You Design Deakin’ competition and will receive a $2,000 Visa® pre-paid card.
11. The student whose shortlisted design gets the second highest number of votes (runner-up) will receive a $500 Visa® pre-paid card.
12. The total prize pool is valued at $2,580.
How to Enter
13. To take part in the design competition, eligible participants are required to fill the application form located on this page and to submit their design in PDF format, using the template provided.
Selection and Notification of Winner
14. Students designs will be judged by a panel of 3 independent people - Meghan Kelly (Associate Head Of School, School of Communication and Creative Arts - Deakin University) and Karen MacAdie (Merchandise Manager, Deakin University)— who will select 4 shortlisted designs. Shortlisted designs will be announced on Monday 1 August and will be placed on the competition web page, where Deakin students will vote for the winning design.
15. Voting will open on 1 August and will close on 31 August at midnight.
16. The shortlisted design that receives the most votes wins.
17. In the event of a tie Deakin’s Chief Advancement officer will choose the winner from the tied designs in their sole discretion.
18. All winners will be notified by email and/or phone. Winners must be available to collect the prize from the Burwood or the Waurn Ponds Deakin Merchandise store or must make arrangements for shipping of the prize to them at their own risk and expense.
19. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Deakin’s decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
20. By submitting their design, applicants consent to their name and photograph being published on the Deakin University social media channels if requested, in any and all form as determined by the Deakin University Social Media team.
20. Deakin reserves the right to cancel this contest at any stage, or change any of the rules or procedures for any reason.
21. Applicants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
Privacy Collection, Use and Disclosure Statement
Personal Information provided to Deakin University by entrants will be used to notify the winner of the competition and to publish their name in accordance with the terms and conditions of this competition.
Deakin University complies with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) in its treatment of personal information. Entrants have a right to access their personal information held by the University. Requests for access to personal information are managed under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).
* Visa is not participant in, or sponsor of this promotion.